San Jose,CA, Sep 23, 2015 — GPS Nautical Charts, the leader in marine & lakes cartography have announced the availability of their updated marine & lake navigation app for both Android and iOS devices. Its the first GPU accelerated marine navigation app to offer route assistance with voice prompts.
Marine & Lakes coverage
● USA: The US maps includes coverage for entire coast of US, major inland rivers and 7000+ inland lakes. This includes HD contours (1ft / 3ft contour cartography) for popular inland lakes (Lake Barkley, Guntersville Lake, Minnesota Lakes etc.).
● Canada & USA: For those sailing across Canada & US, maps provide a seamless coverage across the border. This also includes coverage of the Trent Severn Waterway and most popular lakes in Ontario.
● Worldwide marine charts coverage: Maps coverage includes coastal waters of several European countries, with more added daily)
What’s new in this release?
The latest update uses built in GPU to render marine and vector lakes maps. The hardware acceleration allows the app to have high frame rates (60+ fps).
Main features of the new i-Boating client for are:
● Native GPU acceleration: Native GPU rendering is available on all architectures (ARM, Intel & MIPS) – both 32 bit and 64 bit variants
● Optimized for Apple A7, A8, SGX 543, SGX 535 GPUs
● Rotate maps using gestures
● Text stays upright on rotation.
● Change depth units (ft, metre fathom)
● Seamless maps
● HD contours
● Hybrid renderer
● Route Editing
● Auto Follow
● Track Recording
● Route Assistance with voice prompts
● Tides & Currents