Nowadays, technological advancements occur almost on a daily basis, and there are many sectors which are benefitting from it. The same holds true for the education sector. From the integration of smart teaching modes into classrooms to an increased inclination towards holistic education, there are several changes that have affected modern day teaching. More and more people have begun to realize that mere classroom teaching can no longer suffice for preparing today’s generation for a stint in the real world. Parents are no longer interested in mere academic accomplishments. With more and more opportunities presenting themselves in a multitude of fields, there’s no denying the fact that a child needs to be able to grow and develop as a complete individual.
Established in I982, the GD Goenka Group began with varied interests in real estate, travel & tourism and exports. But their most notable achievements have been in the field of education, where the GD Goenka Group has stood at the frontier of innovative education, pioneering world class facilities, relentlessly building a brand of education that redefines quality and excellence in the field. The group’s foray into innovative education started in 1994 in Vasant Kunj, with 23 students in the first year. Today, the schools by GD Goenka Group are known for employing the latest educational aids, equipment, and amenities, offering classes from Kindergarten to 12th, setting and upholding the highest standards in education, hygiene, safety, and security. Over the last 23 years, the group has expanded to owning more than 60 wholly-owned and franchised schools across India and abroad.
GD Goenka Signature School: Offering the best of both worlds
More than a school, GD Goenka Signature School is a haven for holistic learning. Here, the teaching is carried out under the close supervision of the mentors who are also masters of their respective fields. The institution helps students inculcate firm values and helps them set clear and realistic aims for their future.
A progressive campus
The entire campus has been designed around a flowing river that is called the River of Knowledge. Offering various boarding facilities, the classrooms and open-area studios are airy, naturally lit, and fully equipped. The entire curriculum is designed with an aim to help students expand their world-view and become true global citizens. Other areas of focus of the school also include STEM and robotics studies.
The Real World Curriculum
The main focus of education at GD Goenka Signature School is the Real World Curriculum. Under this curriculum, the school believes that books are stepping stones, but meaningful learning happens in the real world. Everything in the world today may be said to be contextual, based on different circumstances and interpretations. That is why GD Goenka Signature School lays a lot of emphasis on building an understanding in their students, about the world around them, instead of simply passing them information.
The classroom teaching that happens at the school is structured around contextual issues and the solutions to them are reached through collaboration. Students are encouraged to engage in dialogue and research with their mentors and peers, so as to enable them to construct their own understanding of the world.
The Real World Curriculum followed at GD Goenka Signature School can broadly be classified into the following:
This part of the curriculum refers to students gaining contextual knowledge of different subjects, like mathematics, science, humanities, and commerce. The learning standards for these subjects are designed after taking into consideration various curricula of national and international boards. They are then contextualized to suit the needs of the learners.
21st Century Skills
Apart from the contextual learning, true holistic development also means that students learn about the many 21st century skills that they require for functioning in today’s world:
- Communication Skills: Students are encouraged to question and share their views and ideas.
- Creativity: This is a ‘skill’ that is inherent in all. Students are provided the space they need to explore their inherent talents, so they can nurture them further.
- Critical Thinking: Students are placed in situations that let them analyse, restructure and explain their thinking, teaching them how to build different viewpoints.
- Collaboration: Students are given tasks that they work at via group work and projects.
This part of the curriculum involves imparting a better understanding of how the world is supposed to function. Here, relevant topics regarding history, economics, religion, politics, geography, and culture are covered.
A student’s development as an individual is also an important aspect of the Real World Curriculum. This part involves paying attention to inculcating good habits in students regarding their health and fitness, time management, performing arts, and inculcating reading habits.
The Outcomes of the Real World Curriculum
After completing their studies at the GD Goenka Signature School, students are better equipped and ready to face the world. The Real World Curriculum ensures that the students are:
- Compelling Visionaries: The curriculum helps ensure that the students have a vision of the preferred world and are also capable of imparting motivation to people to get them moving towards that vision.
- Effective Communicators: After going through the Real World Curriculum, students are able to effectively across personal, technological, and personal barriers from across the globe.
- Collaborators: Students learn how to facilitate collaboration. They are also versed at creating a synergy while they help develop and harness skills and abilities for people who may be from any part of the globe.
- ‘World Studies’ Scholars: Students are constantly taught skills to help them stay abreast of various issues.
- Emotionally Strong Individuals: Students are also nurtured to make them capable of facing turbulent challenges in life. At the same time, they are equipped emotionally to deal with such issues positively and sensitively.
- Creative Global Artisans: Students experience Visual and Performing Art forms from all parts of the world, allowing them to hone their dormant talents.
As the world becomes a smaller place, students need to be equipped with the right skills to be able to fit in the world as a global citizen. Simple book learning is now a thing of the past; relevant real world experience is what needs to be inculcated in today’s curriculums so that students step into the real world well-prepared for it.
Company Name: GD Goenka Signature School
Contact Person: Sanya Goenka
Phone: +91 981091000