NEW YORK, New York, October 10, 2018 – GeeksLikeMe hopes to build a social media that actually creates meaningful relationships
GeeksLikeMe (GLM) is launching its Kickstarter campaign to help connect the geeks of the world for friendship, dating and activities. Whatever people geek out about, GLM will help connect them with others for real relationships.
GLM is running its crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter starting October 10 and running through November 8. GeeksLikeMe is for anyone interested in building real relationships with others in a world of superficial social media interactions.
“The idea for GeeksLikeMe started when I moved back home from college and I couldn’t find anyone with whom to play dodgeball or ultimate frisbee. Everyone is passionate about something and everyone deserves to share that passion with others.” Sam Gross, Founder, GeeksLikeMe
Loneliness is a problem in the world today. Here are some scary stats.
- According to Forbes, nearly half of all Americans feel lonely.
- 47% of people surveyed said that they had two or fewer people outside of their family that they could depend on.
- Loneliness is such a problem that in January of this year, Great Britain appointed its first ever minister of loneliness.
- Did you know that being lonely has negative health effects too? Yep, being lonely is just as bad for you as smoking 15 cigarettes a day and can shorten your lifespan by 8 years!
- And social media isn’t helping. In fact, 10% of people age 16-24 responded to a survey that they were “always or often” lonely, which is 3x higher than people over the age of 65.
GeeksLikeMe is being specifically designed to help form real connections. With GeeksLikeMe, people can:
- Get matched with people based on similar likes and dislikes.
- Join chat rooms based on interest and location.
- Have one-on-one conversations
- Create private groups
- And create events and activities around the things they geek out about.
GeeksLikeMe is raising funds to finish development of the app for Android and iPhone. It takes a lot of money build an app for both platforms with as much functionality as GLM will have. It also takes a great deal of funds to market such an app.
The GLM team is a small group of passionate geeks led by founder, Sam Gross. Sam is a former Army Captain and veteran of the Afghan war. After completing his MBA at Babson College, Sam opened his first business, a small pizzeria. Sam currently owns a restaurant and a community web portal startup, and has been heavily involved in building his county’s entrepreneurial ecosystem for the last six years.
Contact: Sam Gross, 541-852-3599, firstname.lastname@example.org